Update to Proposal Deadline Policy 12/01/2022
Research management has changed the internal deadline policy for all submissions that require institutional signature (this includes NIH, Foundations, NSF, DOD, DOE etc.) follows:
Initial review of application: 8 business days before grant deadline
Final Science Components: 3 business days before grant deadline
There will be NO exceptions!
In order for the Grant Team to adhere to these deadlines Martinos Center policy will be the following:
Complete Request Form/Mandatory questionnaire: 6 weeks before grant deadline
Administrative documents due: 20 business days before grant deadline
Final Science Components: 4 business days before grant deadline
- Calculators: An Excel spreadsheet that calculates the internal due dates for any deadline, including weekend and Federal holidays has been updated to the Grants page for each mechanism.
- Once the due date is added, it will automatically calculate the dates that documents need to be sent to Admin Grant person. If the calculated dates are not followed, the Grant Team will not be able to accommodate your request. We need ample time to meet the Research Management (RM) 8 day deadline for the initial review.
Changes to Current Proposal Deadline Policy:
Please see the following changes to the Late Exception Approvals under the Proposal Deadline Policy:
- Late exception approvals for the Administrative (8 Day) Deadline expire after 48 hours.
- Late exception approvals the day before the Deadline Date require the proposal to be completed and submitted to RM at the time of the approval.
- Late exception approvals for the Final (3 Day Science) Deadline will no longer be granted on the Sponsor Deadline Date.
If you are unable to meet the 8 day deadline policy, please contact your Grant Administrator for assistance with this process. Late Approval Form.
Thank you for adhering to these Updates.
Steps to Follow
Submit the Request Form
Submit the Mandatory Questionnaire
Download the Calendar Tool to determine the Due Date for your submission
Download the appropriate checklist for your application (links provided below)
Once all of these steps have been completed the Senior Grant Administrator (Mary Roy) will assign your application to one of the Grant Administrators and they will become your point of contact, providing step by step instructions to get through the Grant Application Process
Once all of your Admin Documents have been reviewed by your grant administrator, he/she will process the ASSIST record and route to Research Management through the internal routing system (Insight) for review by our signing official.
This process usually takes a few days to review and process the ASSIST record
Routing to Research Management
Research Management will come back with comments/corrections etc.
Science should be completed 7 Business days before the actual due date so that the application can be submitted on time